Our in-house Quality Control and Quality Assurance teams service a robust and effective Quality Management System (QMS)
Quality is an essential factor for any product or service. With high market competition in the pharmaceutical industry, quality has become the market differentiator for almost all products and services.
As part of our commitment to quality standards, Newcastle Specials has its own well-equipped onsite Quality Control laboratory. The Newcastle Pharmaceutical Quality Control Laboratory (QC) is an NHS laboratory staffed by pharmacists, graduate scientists and pharmacy technicians. The laboratory analyses raw materials, packaging components and finished medicinal products to the appropriate standards. They also perform quality checks on any unlicensed medicines purchased externally, to ensure they are of suitable standard.
Capability of the service includes:
- Bacterial endotoxin testing service, using the Gel Clot method
- Quality assurance and quality control of medicines
- Quality audits of pharmaceutical services
- Reporting, investigation and testing of defective medicines
- Quality control of medical gas installations
- Qualification and audit of temperature controlled storage areas
- Training on the use and implementation of quality systems (QMS specific,
- Adjudication on contracting tenders.